Caru Cymru

Around 80% of marine litter is from land-based sources and the remaining 20% is from ocean-based sources. The United Nations estimates that over 5 million pieces of plastic enter the oceans each day from the land. In order to address marine litter, we need to look at our litter and waste behaviours and to understand the pathways of litter into our aquatic environments.

Keep Wales Tidy coordinates the Blue Flag Awards in Wales and works extensively with our partners to ensure a clean, green and high-quality coastline and seaside.