With outdoor learning prominent within the Curriculum for Wales, we have developed an inspiring training session targeted at primary school staff to help you utilise your grounds as a learning resource and as a haven for wildlife. This links in fantastically well to the Eco-Schools topics of School Grounds and Biodiversity and gives methods for bringing key skills into learning through nature and creation of habitats.
Running virtually, this session is designed to provide participants with ideas and resources that can be shared with a whole school staff to help facilitate exciting and meaningful outdoor learning. Learning outcomes will include:
• The importance of school grounds for wildlife.
• Develop ideas to involve young people in the habitat creation and maintenance process.
• Understand that it can be a simple, low cost process.
• Explore how habitats can be used as an educational resource.
• Understand that school ground development can be linked to the Eco-Schools process as well as the wider curriculum
All of our courses are provided free of charge and facilitated by experienced Keep Wales Tidy Staff. All virtual training will be run through Microsoft Teams. You can join via a web browser if you do not have Teams on your device.
Please check email address is identical